Thursday, October 15, 2015

October 14 Ella


It was a terrible night. I was trying to sleep and Joan was throwing up loudly. Then while I was trying to get my beauty sleep in the morning, she kept dashing to the bathroom. Then I had to go out at 7:00AM and buy toilet paper because I couldn't find anybody in the hotel. I hardly slept at all. Later when I tried to bring Joan a pot of tea in bed the staff learned that Joan was feeling poorly. One of the nice young men brought her a cup of hot water and a special tea bag. He said it would fix her problems – and he was right.
Tea Leaves

Tea Pickers
Later in the morning I left Joan in bed and I went for a walk in the tea fields. When I got back we went for lunch. I had rice and vegetables and Joan had an enormous piece of chocolate cake. She didn't try my meal and I didn't get a single forkful of the cake.

While Tim was out during the afternoon, I opened a window to get some fresh air but pulled the curtains together to keep bugs out as there are no screens on the windows We went out for supper around 7 and returned to our room afterwards for the evening and turned on the lights. Tim noticed a few moths and by the time we got the window shut, there were hundreds flying around our room. We turned off all but one light so they would congregate in one spot and started whacking them with my running shoes. Between my squealing when one flew near my hair and the constant whack whack of my shoes, it was a noisy place (and of course we were laughing at our actions). Every few minutes the shoe soles would need to be rinsed off .I think I exaggerated when I said hundreds but we must have sent at least 100 to their demise
Just another travel adventure!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Poor you Mom, but glad you started feeling better quickly. Local remedies just can't be beat. And ewwwww on the moths.