Friday, October 30, 2015

October 29 Wangi-Wangi Diving


the resort's dive boat
The snorkeling trip was set-up through the resort. We were 1 scuba diver and 1 snorkeler – me, with six people on board to attend to our needs. Nobody went in the water alone. I was accompanied by a staff person on all 4 dives. I jumped in to start my dive but to get me back in was a procedure- drag me to the ladder(because the boat was moving), take my camera off my wrist,  take my mask and snorkel , take off my flippers (they were really tight) so that I could then walk up the ladder. These guys made me feel old. We were swimming by a reef and the scenery was impressive and the fish were plentiful. My underwater camera worked well and I didn't fog up at all. Before my first dive the diving master rubbed a white goo all over my mask. He said it was necessary because the goggles were new. All of their equipment was new because the diving shack burned down 2 months ago.On one occasion the divig master beckoned me over and point at coral on the bottom.  Then it moved and I realized it was a 7 foot sea snake.  I got a few good pictures. When I showed them to the other diver he got excited and spoke with the dive master in Indonesian.  It appears the sea snake is extremely deadly.  But the dive master said it's not very aggressive.  
 I went in the
Sea Snake - extremely deadly

unnamed fish

water 4 times and at the end I was exhausted. I need to snorkel more than once every 2 years! Between the dives we were treated to hot coffee and food. I have one small accident to report, I was cut on my thumb in 3 places by a fish. I finished eating it anyway!

No comments: