Thursday, October 29, 2015

October 28 Fly to Wangi-Wangi


I had booked the Patuno Inn by mistake because the information on booking.com was incorrect. I thought it was in Makassar 3km from the city center. When I read the write-up , it said the hotel was on the island of Wangi-Wangi, 300km away. So I canceled and booked another hotel in Makassar. But I liked the looks of the Patuno resort so I booked a flight to Wangi-Wangi and we ended up at the Patuno dive resort. The coral reef sits 100 meters off-shore so I rented snorkeling equipment and off I went. I saw lots of fish but failed to get a decent shot of anything with my underwater camera. When I got back, I tested it and realized the camera was not working well. I reset my camera, it is working well and I am looking forward to a half day snorkeling trip tomorrow.
Trying out my rented equipment

Joan by the sea

While Tim snorkeled, I enjoyed a nice long swim in the very warm waters. While Tim dives tomorrow, I am planning to go for a walk and a swim, read my book and catch up on the news .

3 comments:

nancy b said...

Don't you just love those last minute decisions!! They always seem to be the most fun. I'm curious as to what those "white square items on the deck table" are of the photo taken of "Joan by the Sea"? As usual I am enjoying the brilliant colours of just about every scene taken. Enjoy your excursions and always travel safe.

Tim Baker said...

Hi Nancy

The tiles are from a game that Tim and I have been playimg along the way in down time. It is called Bananagrams and involves making crossword grids to use up all the tiles. We play it at home as well and have quite the fun competitions with family and friends

Thank you for. your comments -we enjoy reading them.

Joan

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...of course the first of the comments I read when I'm catching up on posts after missing a few days is Mom chiming in to comment on Bananagrams!! Ahhh love it. Do you wonder what you ever did with your time before Bananagrams came into your life, Mom? :)

Love you!

Kath