Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sunday October 13


Ali in Dive Mode
            We changed towns today and drove to the cultural centre of Bali.  Along the way we stop off at a harbour for lunch and a swim.  Ali, Caroline and I went on a snorkelling tour.  I had my underwater camera and we spent hours snorkelling at 2 different dive sites along the coast.  The water was clear and warm and the coral reef was quite shallow.  The variety of fish was impressive.  There was one fat ugly 2-foot fish that moved very slowly and seemed to eat coral.   He would swim into the coral headfirst and then back up and do it again.  He often swam sideways.  He looked very, very drunk.



Drunken Coral Fish


                                                                                                                                                                
            On the way back to Ubud we stopped at a waterfall. I was walking across the rocks to the gras only to discover the grass was really a swamp.  Both feet up to the ankles covered in green slime.  So after taking my pictures I stepped into a nearby bath pool, sandals and all.  The kids thought I was funny.       
Bali Waterfalls
                                                                                                            

No comments: