Saturday, November 14, 2015

November 13 Kuala Lumpur

Our first priority was to get to the Twin Towers for a 9:00 a.m. visit. We visited the Skywalk on the 41st floor. The Skywalk joins the 2 towers on the 41st and 42nd floors. After that we visited the 89th floor viewing platform for the best view in KL.
Joan on Skywalk
On this floor there were viewing binoculars which we used. I saw a very pretty mosque with 2 minarets It looked like the National Mosque. After the visit Joan and I split up and I went to visit the National Mosque. I hopped on the subway and then took an elevated walkway. I made a wrong turn and ended up doing a 3 KM walk to cross a highway. I entered the mosque via a side entrance and the guard asked what I was doing there. When I said I was there for the photography he told me to go around to the front for the best pictures. This was not the Mosque I had seen through the binoculars. It was a new modern mosque which I found very non photogenic. The fountains and the flowers helped but it was a very square building with very little character. I never did find the nice Mosque.
 
One of the Twin Towers

The Public Bank across the street

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking good on that viewing platform Mom! Excited to you guys SOON! :D

Kath