Saturday, November 2, 2013

Saturday November 2

                              
 Today, like yesterday, started as a serious beach day.    But Ali, who is considering an Iron Man Triathlon next year, was off at 8 am to tackle the highest mountain in Langkawi.  He survived but showed up late for the all day tanning session.  Round about 3 pm Joan and Barb headed out for some shopping, while Caroline Ali and I decided to try snorkelling on a nearby island.    We were dropped off on a deserted island that looked like a setting from an old James Bond movie. 
Spiney that punctured me
The snorkelling was tough.  The tide was low and we had to swim through the reef to get to the deep water.  The reef was populated with spike-like animals with one big eyeball.  When we got to the deep water the current was strong and we had to avoid be swept into the rocks.  The second time I went out my mask kept filling up with water so I couldn’t see properly and I hit the coral coming back in.  I now have 4 punctures in my skin and several scrapes.  The only picture I got was the spiky plant/animal that injured me.    


1 comment:

Jean said...

Hi to you all,

We have just caught up with your blog after a very busy few weeks. Sounds like you are having a great time and the pics are great. Glad to see it is all working out.
Take care. Love Jean & Tim