Friday, October 4, 2013

Thursday Oct 3 Singapore Zoo


Proboscis Monkey

Hamadrys Baboon

                    We have been to several zoos in our lifetime, but the Singapore zoo was highly recommended so we gave it a try.   It was delightful!  The whole zoo is under a canopy of trees, so we were seldom walking in the hot sun.  Most animal enclosures were separated by a moat, rather than a fence.  The Orang-utans were roaming free and stayed up in the trees along the path.  It was only after a branch fell on me that I looked up and discovered a mother and 2 babies right above me.   Joan got to see her Orang-utans, I got to see my Komoto Dragons, and Barb got to see her Mandrills.  (Barb is a great fan of the Lion King).
            The weather is consistently 30c and high humidity.  After a day of walking we are hot and sweaty, so we went up to the pools and hot tubs to refresh ourselves.  Jetlag is kicking in so we had a very quiet evening and early bedtime.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! The Zoo too! (I am so jealous of the pool/hot tub as part of daily life...)

Kath