Saturday, September 22, 2012

Saturday September 22, 2012


Binghamton to Scranton, PA   106 KM  640m Vertical climb  

 We       We left Binghamton NY at 9:45 and crossed into Pennsylvania 1 hour later.  We headed south against the wind all day.   I am driving a new bike today – a Specialized tri-Cross.   I guess it will be all right, but it is not my deVinci.  It’s sad to end a love affair after 6 years of passion. 

Bridge built by the Lackawana Railroad in 1915
  My new bike performed well as we climbed and descended all day.  Pennsylvania met my expectations, an industrial landscape with decaying industries.  The Lackawanna viaduct, despite being 100 years old, still is an impressive concrete memorial.    After the first16 km the highway we travelled became a nice, smooth, well-maintained road and we cycled through PA in safety. 

No comments: