Friday, April 30, 2010

April 23: Return to Vietnam



We packed up our suitcases and took a leisurely stroll across the China-Vietnam border. It was with mixed emotions we re-entered Vietnam. China was fascinating, but travelling was much more difficult with the Chinese script and the lack of English speakers. It is a police state. Using the internet requires an ID card and my blog was blocked while I was inside China.
We will re-unite with Katherine tomorrow and head into the mountains of North Vietnam.

2 comments:

nancy b said...

Tim & Joan

All I can say is WOW. I do not know if you have every watched or heard about the reality show called "the amazing race" but your blog is so remindful of the recent China portion of this show. I bet your Happy Hour the day coming out of the mountains, Tim, was a great one. You both have a real keen sense of adventure in a foreign land and I must say I am thoroughly enjoying your postings. The Montreal Canadians are hanging in there, Tim!! what a great series it was with Washington; game seven was absolutely amazing. Now they just have to beat Sid the Kid's team. Travel safe guys and continue what certainly appears to be a trip of a lifetime.

nancy b said...

Tim & Joan

It has been a while. Hope all is well with your travels.