Saturday, March 14, 2009

March 12: Da Nang to Hoi An




After only one day we left Da Nang and headed to Hoi An – one hour south. We took the bus (the open bus it is called) and we were in Hoi An in an hour. I had tried to book a room last night and I had logged on to the website of the hotel and reserved a deluxe room overlooking the rice patties. Shortly after leaving the website I wrote down the name of the hotel so I wouldn’t forget it. Way too late! I showed up at the hotel and informed them I had a reservation. They couldn’t find it - but they didn’t want me to leave and I didn’t want to confess I was at the wrong hotel – so we have a nice room in the Phouc An Hotel that overlooks the alleyway.
Hoi An is an old village that has preserved most of the building from the 17th and 18th century. It is a tourist town, but still has some charm. However it’s major claim to fame is a clothing centre. There are 500 tailors on town and all are quick and good. I’m might have a few Tilly shirts made here. Katherine will join us tomorrow for the weekend
in Hoi An.

No comments: