Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 38 July 7 55km Warm and sunny



Oliver Lake to Thunder Bay
We left Oliver Lake and headed to the big city of Thunder Bay. At 110,000 inhabitants, Thunder Bay has doubled since I lived here. However all the distances seemed so short. On the way to my other cousin (Sharon) we rode past my old house, my old elementary school, my old ski club, old swimming pool. The house was smaller, the school was gone, the ski club was closed and the pool was still there. For the first time since leaving Lethbridge we found some very good bike shops where I bought a new tire and TimG bought a new helmet. We arrived at cousin Sharon’s at 3 PM to find the Wal-Mart greeters out on the street waving us into the right driveway. We enjoyed a very warm welcome, a very good meal and then met all my family in Port Arthur. To say my family contains a few live wires is not an understatement - Melissa.

No comments: