Friday, September 14, 2018

Sept. 13th Whitehorse


Totem in the center of Whitehorse
 We woke up to rain in Whitehorse this morning. We visited a museum for a few hours and the rain stopped. We drove to a hot springs site after lunch and on the way back I stopped for gas. While he was filling the car I asked the gas jockey it there was a good lookout site for the mountains we were seeing.  He told me there was one on Fish Lake Road, just down the highway. It was easy to find and up we went. We have rented a Jeep Cherokee 4WD so the mud and potholes weren't a problem. However 6 km into the bush I was getting nervous. At the 10 km mark I was more nervous, but we were getting glimpses of the mountain range. Finally at the 13 km mark we hit the end and the view was worth it. The Jeep Cherokee is now covered in mud.
Fish Lake

Road to Fish Lake

No comments: