Monday, November 16, 2015

November 15 Singapore

The Raffles Hotel
The Raffles hotel is a colonial building of impressive size. It takes up a whole block and is a famous landmark in Singapore. It is the home of the Singapore sling and a great place to eat. The Sunday morning brunch is popular and Caroline, Ali, Joan and I joined the crowd today for the buffet. It's too bad I couldn't eat more. I tried to pace myself and not eat any bread. I lost track of how many times I went up to the buffet for food, but I tried every fish dish I could find (around 10, but I had small portions). Then I tried 3 versions of mutton. I never made it to the beef or the dessert table.
I ( Joan) also really enjoyed the food and my 3 Singapore slings. There is a huge choice of all courses, all of which are very beautifully presented {especially the appetizers) and delicious.
In the evening we went to the Cirque du Soleil show Totem, which is doing a 6 week run in Singapore. We all left with a WOW feeling. They put on an amazing show.
Cirque du Soleil
Thanks again to Caroline and Ali for arranging such a wonderful day in Singapore.

2 comments:

nancy b said...

Wow and wow again. The towers are spectacular!! Good old Canadian winters. LOL. We actually have had a great November. Nothing major with respect to snow and/or cold. As you embark on your voyage back, your minds much be overflowing with awesome memories of this trip abroad. And you got to enjoy it with family members as well. Take care and travel safe.

Jean said...

Hi Joan & Tim
Just catching up on your blog after our return from the US. You are certainly having a wonderful time and seeing lots of interesting stuff. I bet you really enjoyed your time with Caroline and Ali.

We also had a great time so our Holiday was a complete success.
Lots of love to you both. Jean & Tim