Tuesday, September 6, 2011

2011-09-06 Tuesday: North Berwick

Joan and I went out for our morning walk at 7am, while Tim enjoyed taking pictures from Colton Hill where we walked last night. When we had our first coffee of the day, we found out we were on the most expensive street in Edinburgh – even though it looked quite ordinary compared to the surrounding neighbourhood.


Later, we all took a train out to North Berwick (pronounced ‘Berrick’, as we have learned to drop the ‘w’) and walked for three hours – a short walk for us now - on a beach along the ‘Firth of Forth’, through a glen and also through the very picturesque town.

Joan and I have had many laughs ‘helping’ Tim remain ‘consistent’ at two beers per day, usually in two different pubs. It’s medicinal of course!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you found some beer to drink in London. They must have improved it because when I used to go there it was so bad I drank continental or Australian lagers. Did you admire my home town when you went through it on the train?
Hope your weather is better than here at the moment because it is cold and wet again. In fact, I hope it improves south of here by tomorrow because I start my ride across the Alps tomorrow and I fly back from Verona on Monday. I should be nice and fit for when you get here. If you want to drop in at my mother's I can call ahead and make sure you get a cuppa tea.

Have fun,
MfG
Jean & Tim